Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer at Duke University

I spent five weeks at Duke university for a summer research program. I had heard how beautiful Duke was and how much I am going to love it. I would have to agree with everyone. The campus is beautiful and it's spread out. There are trees everywhere and there is a botanical garden not far from the main campus. The only disappointment of the trip is that I was so busy that I did not get to see much of Durham, NC or visit UNC at Chapel Hill. However, I did eat some really good food at the end of my trip at Parizade's. The Salmon was cooked perfectly and Chocolate Praline Torte (picture below) was delicious. It was nice to experience life as a college student at a university far from your own school. I found the city of Durham to be surprisingly slow and laid back despite the reputation and prestige of the school. I got there and expected to find a small scale Atlanta bustling with shops and restaurants, but what I found was a much calmer and quiet city. But I was there during the summer, who knows, maybe it gets much busier when the students come back from vacation.
                                                              The University Chapel
                                                                        On Campus
                                                             Chocolate Praline Torte
                                                        Private Dining Room at Parizade


- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment