Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle


I spent last week living like a rockstar in Seattle. I flew out to Seattle, WA for another conference, and I stayed in the heart of downtown Seatte. I had no idea that everything was so condensed into a few blocks. The downtown area was filled to the brim with shops, restaurants, and offices. Of course there was a Starbucks on every corner, and there were two or three on some blocks.
The shopping is ridculous out there. You have H&M, Forever 21, NikeTown, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Macys, Sephora, and sooo much more. I was so excited when I saw a cheesecake factory by my hotel, because I have to go out of state to get to one. I also went to this cool Sushi place called Blue C Sushi. Instead of the waiters bringing you your food, the sushi is placed on a small plate that sits on top of a conveyor belt that carries the food around to every table. It's a cool concept, and the sushi was good. Last but not least, Pike Market is incredible. It has tons of vendors that sell fruit, cheese, meat, fish, flowers, and wine. They also have numerous restaurants throughout the market and it's by the water. But the part about it, is it has the very FIRST starbucks store! Although I didn't buy any coffee, I had to buy one of their mugs as a souvenir. There are a lot of things that I didn't get to do while I was there..I would have loved to see West Seattle which is just across the bridge, Mt. Rainier, the Wing Luke Asian Museum, Salumi restaurant (owned by Mario Batali's father), places outside of downtown, and I didn't have time to catch the train to Portland or Vancouver. Overall, I think that Seattle is a very cool city, and it didn't hurt that it was sunny the entire time that I was there. But now that I've seen the city, I've gotta see the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". I probably won't be traveling for awhile because the fall semester has begun, so until next time "bon voyage".


                                                                Pike Place Market

 The very first Starbucks, located at Pike's Place Market. A historic monument for all of the coffee lovers.

                      The giant chess set seemed so dope to me, especially since I don't know how to play.

I just love the cheesecake factory :)

                                                                       Blue C Sushi

                                         LOL!! I had to post this picture. I saw a couple of people holding up signs like these when I was in Seattle. If you look closely to sign says "Need $ for Weed"..so ridiculous.

Mt. Rainier

A literal alley filled with restaurants and shops

 
My friends didn't want to pay $18 to go up the space needle

No comments:

Post a Comment